Aussie made for Australian Standard AS1735.12
MELBA 12 LIFT
A commercial solution that delivers more BCA E3.6, DDA physical,
audible and visual accessibility features and meets AS1735.12
The Melba 12, BCA E3.6 compliant light commercial elevator is manufactured by Shotton Lifts in Melbourne Australia to Australian standards.
It is BCA /DDA access compliant and designed to travel within a shaft serving up to 4 levels (See Melba 16 for 2 levels).
The Melba 12 features a large car, which means a capacity of 630Kg and comes with a wide range of easily maintained finishes.
For Architects, Builders and Developers the Melba 16 is a versatile design which can be incorporated easily
into Warehouses, Factories, Offices, Clinics, Schools & Childcare centres to name a few.
• Large Accessible Lift Car
• BCA e3.6 & DDA Compliant
• Locally Made, Short Lead Times
WHAT IS A MELBA 12 LIFT?
The Melba 12, BCA E3.6 compliant light commercial elevator is manufactured by Shotton Lifts in Melbourne Australia to Australian standards. It is BCA /DDA access compliant and designed to travel within a shaft serving up to 4 levels. (See Melba 16 for 2 levels). The Melba 12 features a large car, which means a capacity of 630Kg and comes with a wide range of easily maintained finishes
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE A MELBA 12 LIFT?
- Can be installed with Shotton Lifts Engineered steel tower or client supplied wall.
- When time is critical to a project a 12-14 weeks lead time is available (Half the time of imports)
- Local parts and service supported by the manufacturer in Australia
- Incorporated design features for easy ongoing maintenance of lift and Cabin interior.
- Greater choice of Lift interiors and customisations including finishes and colours.
- WorkSafe design certified for your safety
- Fire rated Auto sliding doors means improved accessibility
- Low 200mm minimum pit depth and engineered tower are ideal for existing buildings installing a BCA/DDA compliant lift
- Includes all the features as per Australian Standard AS1735 16, BCA E3.6 and DDA for more than 2 levels
- Audible and Visual enhancements for improved accessibility.
LIFT FEATURES & DESIGN
- Autodial phone – Push and hold to autodial to the Call centre
- Fire rated Brushed Stainless-Steel auto opening Side doors
- Compliant Brushed Stainless Handrail
- Compliant full length Main and Auxiliary Control Panels with dual illuminating buttons and digital level displays
- Landing plates on each level with fully compliant buttons and digital displays and signage.
- A Safety battery back-up system for lighting and emergency lowering in case of power failure
- LED Down lights
- Dulux colour powder coated or Brushed Stainless wall panels
- Optional Abet Laminati or Mirror stainless steel wall panels
- Extruded Aluminium car frame for strength & longer life (powder coated)
- A range of other safety features including an emergency brake and a safety gear mechanism
SAFETY & ACCESSIBILITY
- Design standard – AS1735 Part 16/12
- A safe battery back-up system to return you to the home position in case of power failure.
- Manual lowering option backup in case of power failure
- To overcome accessibility barriers with client’s needs paramount in our designers minds our lifts are designed to meet a series of compliance requirements and BCA codes providing both safety and accessibility.
- Standard Autodial phone inside the lift car for unforeseen emergencies.
- Presence of as emergency brake and a safety gear mechanism to ensure the safety of passengers all the time.
- Auto sliding fire safety car and landing doors.
- Door detector 2D electronic safety light rays
- Compliant Control Panel and Landing Panels
- Lift Car Dimensions – Large 1100mm (w) x 1400mm (d)
- 630 KG capacity loads
- Lift configurations to accommodate a range of floorplan needs – Single entry, Through car
- Lift interior options include Abet Laminati Panels, Mirror Stainless Steel and Glass.
- Glass Cabin with Glass doors
- Bespoke design service
- Fire services – Shotton Lifts control system is compatible for most systems – by others (program option)
- CCTV camera Shotton Lifts control system is compatible for most systems – by others (program option)
- Choice of Shotton Lifts engineered tower ideal for retrofitting to an existing building or a built engineered wall supplied by client. (Note; clients will need to engage their own builder and engineer to construct a surrounding structure compliant with the local building code).
- 200 mm pit
- 3200mm headroom standard
SERVICE & MAINTENANCE
- Maintenance Agreement Service Intervals available include—monthly, quarterly and 6 monthly incorporating access to a 24 hour call centre.
- One yearly and a 5 year full load test is available as required under AS1735.10.
DESIGNED IN AUSTRALIA
MANUFACTURED IN AUSTRALIA
NDIS APPROVED PROVIDER
Manufactured, Distributed, Installed & Serviced By:
Victoria Sales Office & Showroom
Unit 3, 147 Greens Rd Dandenong Sth VIC 3175
Phone: 03 8725 1025
Queensland Sales Office
21 -26 Octal Street Yatala QLD 4207
Phone: 1800 QLD LIFTS
Mobile: 0488 498 474